June 2017 - Comings and Goings
Comings - 8 - well, since May was such a successful month of not shopping, naturally things need to even itself out. At least a third of purchases were things that replaced what I let go, so that's progress right? ;)
- Stuart Weitzman rain boots
- 2 black belts from Holt Renfrew's house brand (still need to find that elusive off-white trouser belt with gold hardware! IMPOSSIBLE
- Vince Camuto blue suede espadrilles - they're so cute!, and incredibly comfortable!
- Black high-waist skinny jeans from Banana Republic - I'm really excited about these. They're extremely stretchy and in a super dark black wash so it looks really polished. I have jeans from BR but curious to find out how well this wash will hold up. They were on my 'need to buy' list since I let go of my black corduroys and velvet finish Joe's Jeans.
- 2 accessories from Coach and 2 crossbody bags from Banana Republic - YES, I broke my no bag or wallet ban a little bit and picked up the two adorable pieces you see up top. It feels like it's been a while since I added an accessory piece, but with the frequency that I'm now using smaller bags, I need a little bit of change to my current collection. (On that note, pondering letting go my larger wallets). And speaking of smaller bags, I added two crossbodys to eventually replace a couple of bags I'm looking to let go of due to size, weight, and function - really loving these bags as they remind me of the Celine trio crossbody but in my opinion, more functional because they have width in the pouches so you don't have to actually keep your items super slim. With two of the same style, I can even mix and match their colors.
Goings - 8
- Hunter rainboots - they got to be worn out and broken =(
- GAP black corduroys- love these pants. I'm finding that the material, and similar to the velvet finish, the more you wash them the tighter they get at the calves. Quite uncomfy now =(
- Stuart Weitzman 'Geek' patent leather loafers - I tried to make them work and I thought they would be amazing but after a while, I really didn't like them.
- A party dress I was hanging on to for old time's sake, which is no longer really age appropriate. Memories last longer right?
- 2 articles of clothing I wear for sleep
- Cole Haan orange Chelsea boots - I love these, but I didn't really take care of them and they look horrible now. Oops.
- An Esprit crochet top - I think I've been pondering this piece for over a year and taking it out for a spin here and there but I still have my doubts on keeping it. I finally let it go, and let that be that.