November 2017 Comings and Goings
Comings - 3
- a gift! My parents visited the new Uniqlo store in Metrotown, Burnaby and bought me a Hello Kitty t-shirt. My only in this month and it didn't affect my budget :)
- 2 pairs of jeans - dark denim, and finally a pair of gray jeans. Below, you’ll see that I let go of 2 pairs of jeans and since I’ve pared down my jeans’ numbers, they’re items I actually have to replace. The gray pair are actually replacing ones I let go more than a year ago and I’m so happy to have - pair back in my life again because they were truly a staple item of mine. I waited to see if I would miss them and I really did. Since these are replacement items of wardrobe staples, they don’t go towards my budget or no-purchase months.
Goings - 4
- A pink sweater from Banana Republic that's getting too worn out
- SOLD! My Dooney & Bourke mini crossbody zip in Ocean. I've been on the fence about letting this go but I have the same style in violet and also the same color in a larger satchel style so I finally made the decision to sell it and the new owner loves it. Couldn't be happier!
- My last pair of Joe’s Jeans - these are my dark wash, straight cut pair but after at least 7 years, I was still experiencing dye transfer. It’s still as dark as the day I bought them, I give them that, but when my hands turn blue just by rubbing them on my jeans. That’s a bit too much. Imagine the damage to my bags if I wasn’t careful - too much stress, honestly, so you they go. Now I’m down to 6 pairs of jeans and I’m pretty happy about that number - 2 pairs of blue, 2 pairs of white, and a pair of black and red; these should last me a while.
- My GAP bf jeans - these were one of my 25 most worn items in my closet (according to Stylebook) but I think after so many wears, and washes, the denim structure has changed a bit and there are some areas that fit well (like the waist) but other areas that don’t, like my thighs. Out they go.