One, or two? The Lauren by Ralph Lauren Boswell tote
I wasn't going to post the bags I until I had decided, but since it's been 3 weeks and I'm still struggling with the decision, I figure it may help if I got my thoughts 'out there'.
I'm currently debating whether to keep both these bags, or just one. The obvious choice is to keep none since I have lots of bags, and failing that, the next logical answer is to only keep one - but that's obviously not what goes inside a bag lover's brain.
So far I've decided to keep the navy and orange one since I used it to test out, and didn't want to, nor have I, stopped using it - definitely had to cut the tag off, and call it mine.
Here's my pro's list for why I chose to keep one:
- Water resistant;
- I don't have any in this size (which I believe is about the size of a medium LV Neverfull);
- Zips up;
- Thin straps, which stay better on my shoulders than most straps;
- Great color scheme (both of them);
- Semi-structured so it can still hold itself up and not bend important documents, while still being pliable against my body when I am squished during my commute (something the Kate Spade didn't do);
- Has a large base so it can hold all my stuff and when I'm wearing it and need to get something, the wide base means it will fall open wide enough for me to see everything at once (Super handy! Something I struggled with, with the MbMj since its heavy leather meant it sank far, and it had a black interior);
- Larger interior zip pocket where I can put the things I need quick access to; and
- The style works so well that it compelled me to list and sell 2 bags that weren't working as well for me, as soon as I got home.
My con's list:
- I don't need 2;
- Although not the same size, I have many totes already;
- I would even out my numbers instead of lessening them;
- i might get bored of them and then I'd be left with TWO bags I'm bored of; and
- I don't need 2.
So now what? At first I said to heck with it and started making outfits with both, then changed my mind, then made some outfits, then changed my mind. I have 30 days from my purchase date to decide so I'm going to wait until after my trip and see how I feel when I return. I'm bringing the orange and navy one on my trip, so I'm excited to see how it fares and how I feel about lugging it around in 30+ degree heat and humidity. Keep you posted!