Update - One, or two? TWO Boswell totes!
In case you missed it, after using the orange and navy one for my trip, I decided to keep both of them.
- Incredibly light weight - I carried so much stuff in it on my trip, and walked almost 8 hours a day, barely feeling any weight.
- Stays on my shoulders - no matter how little or how much I had in my bag, it never failed to stay put. I find that some totes will only stay on my shoulders if I have a lot, or have a little.
- Worry-free - It was so easy to take care of that I don't even have to take care of it! Unfortunately, the one I took on my trip suffered a little damage when I was pushing a wheelchair and the bag was hanging down and the wheel scraped against it, scratching the pattern off =( My heart broke when I saw it.
- The length of the drop of the straps - perfect length for me to easily maneuver in and out of it
- Zippered-top - great when I wanted to keep things secure; I like that the zip extends all the way so if it is unzipped, I can just tuck it into the bag, leaving the bag fully open without pinching close any part of the side
- Workhorse - they really make a great workhorse bag. I used the orange for more than 2 weeks, and once I decided to keep both, I moved into the citron one to give the orange one a rest, and haven't stopped using it for the last 2 weeks.
Compared to some of the totes I already own, these 2 bags seem to be better suited for me in terms of style and function. I've already set aside a few more bags to let go of since I don't think I will be reaching for them as much as these ones.
The old me would have kept both in a heartbeat, but the new me was hesitant because I am after all trying not to add to my collection. After careful and much thought, I have no regrets because now I know I'm not just keeping 2 bags, but I'm keeping 2 bags that work better for me than what I have.